They said the incident on Wednesday in the eastern Deir al-Zor province proved that ISIS and al Qaeda-linked militants “possess chemical weapons”

A US-led airstrike has denied killed hundreds of people including civilians after the Syrian army claimed they blew up ISIS poison gas supplies.

The army had said the incident on Wednesday in the eastern Deir al-Zor province proved that ISIS and al Qaeda-linked militants “possess chemical weapons”.

US-led air strikes have reportedly killed hundreds according to the Syrian army

US-led air strikes have reportedly killed hundreds according to the Syrian army

Syrian state-owned news agency Sana reported the air strike, on the village of Hatla, as a “white cloud that became yellow as a result of the explosion of a huge store that includes a large amount of toxic materials”.

The Syrian Army General Command has claimed hundreds died after being suffocated by the mystery gas.

But the US has denied carrying out raids in the city.

Air Force Colonel John Dorrian, a spokesman for the coalition, told Reuters: “The Syrian claim is incorrect and likely intentional misinformation.”

Today’s claims are likely to be seen as an attempt to divert attention away from a deadly toxic attack on April 4 that killed more than 87 people in Idlib.

Washington has blamed the attack on President Bashar al-Assad’s government, but Syria and Russia have vehemently denied the claims.

Assad has since spoken out claiming the attack was “100 per cent fabrication” and that the US are “hands-in-glove” with terrorists.

Samples taken from the poison gas site in Idlib tested positive for nerve agent Sarin, the British delegation at the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) said today.

A child victim of the gas attack in Syria

A child victim of the gas attack in Syria last week

The attck prompted the US to launch cruise missiles at a Syrian air base last week.

Russia has also accused the US of violating international law after the cruise missile attack on the airbase – the first time the US deliberately and directly targeted the Syrian government.

But President Donald Trump fired back by claiming the dramatic strike was in the “vital national security interest”.

The Syrian government has also waded in by claiming the attack on the airbase killed four children – which is still unverified.

 

by: The Sun

About The Author

We are a group of Syrian human rights activists, We noticed the lack of bodies which document abuses against civilians inside Syria, therefore we decided to establish this project, it is specialized to document the violations which have committed by all sides in the ongoing conflict in Syria against civilians in a professional way, The project is documenting all kinds of violations, and working on the accounting for the groups which committed these violations by the international community, The project is completely independent, and does not follow any political or military bodies, whether inside or outside Syria.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.